POsition posted March 31, 2019
We are looking for a motivated leader to join our team. We offer a moving allowance and the chance to not have to spend hours commuting each week. Spend more time with your family or out fishing.
Edgett Excavating offers a very competitive compensation structure including, benefits, RRSP matching, overtime, company truck and cell phone. This position will primarily be Monday – Friday but does require the ability and willingness to work overtime, weekends and night shift as needed. If you are a hard worker, we’re thrilled to compensate you for your skill and the results.
We are looking for a Foreman with 3+ years of experience in water main and sewer pipe instillation. Experience leading a pipe crew is a must. If you have a high degree of initiative, sound judgment, can work safely and with minimal supervision we want to talk to you.
Have the ability to do more? Great! We also offer a the opportunity to grow within our well respected and very busy company.
We need you to:
- Supervise a crew, making sure their work is planned and performed efficiently.
- Ensure necessary paper work is done accurately and daily
- Supervise sub-contractors to achieve all required project deliverables
- Ensure all on-site personnel comply with project procedures and safety program requirements
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following attributes:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in water main and sewer pipe instillation
- Have strong math skills with the ability to calculate grades, slopes, etc
- Knowledge of layout and scale drawings including the ability to read and interpret plans and specifications
- Ability to clearly communicate the best course of action to a large crews and subtrades
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment while maintaining project quality, schedule and budget
It goes without saying that you will:
- Have a great attitude
- Have superior knowledge of layout and scale drawings including the ability to read and interpret plans and specifications.
- Have knowledge of safe work procedures to keep your crew safe
- Know how to maximizing productivity onsite
- Have a valid driver’s license